2. Watched a mini-documentary on technical diver David Shaw who died trying to retrieve the remains of another diver from the depths of a dangerous cave.
3. Meditated for 20 blissful minutes that were occasionally invaded by thoughts of decompression chambers.
4. Felt less alone after reading several articles criticizing OCEARCH’s machismo and brutality.
5. Marveled at Denise Levertov’s briskly paced poem The Sharks.
6. Tried to do the dishes mindfully, but spaced out and started worrying about August almost being over, a reverie broken occasionally by hummingbirds.
7. Ate fruit
8. Thought again about Thom Knoles–of the failure of the stressed out intellect and how the expansive silence of meditation feels so nurturing, so full of presence.
9. Wondered for the trillionth time about the basic goodness or evil of mankind.
10. Marveled at the ability of writing to redeem boredom and to reveal the miraculous within the ordinary.