Things I would blog about if I wasn’t overwhelmed with fatigue:
1. The shark attack in Brazil captured on video
2. Reflections on a shark’s mouth being a gateway to another world (with much credit and admiration given to Joseph Campbell).
3. The complex emotions aroused in me by a shark attack
4.This line from Neil Shubin’s book “Your Inner Fish”: “Basically, we’re all modified sharks.”
5. How Shubin explains that divergent forms of the bones that support the upper and lower jaws in sharks, help us swallow and hear. The muscles and nerves that we use to talk and swallow move the gills in sharks and other fish.
6. The otherness and fear evoked by a shark attack juxtaposed with the fact that way back deep in the mystery of all things, sharks and people were sort of one
7. How a great white hijacked a whale watching expedition and how much I wish I had been onboard.
8. My action today: 8 signatures on the epic Shark Defenders petition.