Here’s a hodgepodge of the odd, sad and inspiring:
19 arrested (including a12-year-old girl) protesting Seaworld float in Rosebowl Parade.
Terrified swimmer chased by fake fin!
Shark Terror Down Under Leads to Indiscriminate Slaughter.
Over 300 Sharks Now on Twitter!
I have been studiously avoiding a pile of essays. Here are the fruits of my procrastination:
1. Check out David Shiffman’s funny and educational piece “What the funniest shark memes can teach us about science.”
2. Shark Legend Rodney Fox recalls the harrowing, life-changing white shark attack that led to the development of the shark cage.
3. 70-million year old shark poop offers clues to ancient fish’s diet.
4. Fascinating look at a great white tagging study off Guadalupe Island.
5. From Thought Catalog: 11 Endangered Animals You Haven’t Heard of Cause They Aren’t Cute