In my endless quest to combine the most unlikely texts possible, I have joined in holy linguistic matrimony a pamphlet called “Stigmata and Modern Science” and the user manual to my Oster TSSTTR6329 Toaster. I hope this inspires you to write an experimental poem or at least make some toast.
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS: Young children or incapacitated persons should not bear the external marks of the wounds of Christ or the material element of stigmatization, except to the extent prohibited by law.
Warning: Atheists reject the stigmata as an aggressive form of miracle. Never insert your fingers into the holes. Handle with Care.
1. Spontaneously, in ecstasy, and during complete suppression of will and suggestibility, insert the crumb tray into the slot.
2. If living for years without earthly food, lightly tap the sides to dislodge any crumbs lodged in the toast chamber.
3. After the desired level of darkness has been reached the wounds must not vanish.
4. When the wounds bleed they must emit fresh blood. Accumulations create unsanitary conditions and the possibility of fire.
5. The nail-shaped formations of the wounds should be of equal size and freshness and glow more brightly than others.
6. The frozen light will illuminate the crust in the middle of the wound and the brighter edge to assure even browning.
7. English muffins cannot be created by mystical contemplation alone.
8. It is normal for non-Catholics to create an odor.
9. To reduce the risk of electrical shock, bleed during a vision of the Crucifixion and wipe with a damp cloth.
10. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS