Western Australia’s premier Colin Barnett wants to extend the shark cull that has already killed 100 sharks including protected species for another three years.
Please join Greenpeace in speaking out against this extremely ill-advised and environmentally devastating proposition.
A hodgepodge of shark/marine welfare news & oddities:
1.Check Out Five Designs Inspired by Ocean Predators
2. Australia: Please keep rejecting OCEARCH!
3. Greenpeace Serves “Shark fin Soup” to protest New Zealand’s finning laws
4. Death at Seaworld author David Kirby on CNN Vs. Seaworld
5. Would you like to see a shark throw up? Okay, here you go!
Large open water fish, like this Northern bluefin tuna, are oily fish. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Here are 5 quick and dandy ways to help the ocean and its animals:
1. Still fuming over Blackfish? Free Lolita the Orca from 43 years in captivity. Sign here.
2. A click a day helps fund Oceana’s sea-saving campaigns.
3. Overfishing, radiation, global warming and overfishing are putting unbelievable pressure on the sea and the animals that live there. Sign Greenpeace’s petition to designate 40% of the world’s oceans as protected marine reserves.
4. Bluefin Tuna are seriously overfished. Urge the National Marine Fisheries Service to take more specific measures to help them.
5. Two words: The Cove. Ask Japan to stop killing dolphins.