Here are 5 quick and dandy ways to help the ocean and its animals:
1. Still fuming over Blackfish? Free Lolita the Orca from 43 years in captivity. Sign here.
2. A click a day helps fund Oceana’s sea-saving campaigns.
3. Overfishing, radiation, global warming and overfishing are putting unbelievable pressure on the sea and the animals that live there. Sign Greenpeace’s petition to designate 40% of the world’s oceans as protected marine reserves.
4. Bluefin Tuna are seriously overfished. Urge the National Marine Fisheries Service to take more specific measures to help them.
5. Two words: The Cove. Ask Japan to stop killing dolphins.
- Declining health of oceans of ‘gravest concern’ to life on Earth (blueandgreentomorrow.com)
- Ocean Health Suffers from Overfishing, Index Finds (livescience.com)